Friday, October 21, 2011

Pillows and Purple Ice Cream


Luke was on a pillow sewing kick this week.  He made one for Sophia and a small one for himself.  He's five and this was his first time using the machine (around the edge of the pillow).




I make lots of smoothies and sometimes when they turn out too think I call them ice cream.  The kids get way more excited about ice cream than smoothies.  They particularly liked today's concoction.

Purple Ice Cream

A handful each of frozen strawberries and blueberries
One and a half frozen bananas
One scoop of vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup apple juice

I didn't actually measure, I just threw everything in the blender.  I usually use plain yogurt, not ice cream, but I was trying to make it a special treat today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment