Saturday, February 4, 2012

Perfect Granola

I have tried making granola and granola bars many times and it has never come out just right, but now I think I have finally found the perfect recipe.  This is adapted from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I have already made this again and doubled it.  This is a great naturally sweetened cereal.

Granola

2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts
1/2 shelled sunflower seeds
1/4 sesame seeds
1/4 honey
1/4 real maple syrup
1/3 cup melted coconut oil

Combine oats, coconut, nuts, and seeds. Combine honey, syrup and oil.  
Stir into oat mixture.  Spread onto greased baking pan.  
Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring at 20 minutes. 
 Stir it a few times as it cools.  Break it up and enjoy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment