Friday, February 19, 2010

"Open Weave" Shrugs

I had been admiring all those cute little open weave scarves wishing I had a loom to create them on, when I found this great product that allows you to get the same look without actually weaving.  It's called Ultra Solvy.  It's this plastic sheet on a roll that you zigzag your yarn onto with a sewing machine.  Then you dissolve the plastic in warm water and you are left with just the yarn.  And it is surprisingly sturdy.  Once I had made a few scarves, I decided to try to make garments by making each pattern piece separately, and then sewing them together.  It's a little complicated and time consuming.  But I enjoying figuring out new ways to do things.


The two shrugs here are still available. 
$45 each small (purple) /medium (red)

Visit my etsy site.



No comments:

Post a Comment