Monday, March 8, 2010

Inspired by Fireflies

I love the Chasing Fireflies catalog, but I am not about to spend $100 or more on a dress that will only fit my daughter for a year.  So here are a couple of dresses that were inspired by dresses from the catalog.  I wish I had a model for them.  Halters don't always look so great on the hanger, but you get the idea. 

Dress #1

The detail I loved on the dress from the catalog was the wrap around sash that ties in back and ends with flowers. 




This is the original from Chasing Fireflies.
(I opted not to do the big honkin' flower in front.)




Dress #2



The detail I wanted to imitate on this dress was the look of an apron, with all the ruffles peeking out in back.  The ruffle fabric is a vintage table cloth.




The original from Chasing Fireflies

No comments:

Post a Comment