Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sophia's New Birdie Shirt

The easiest way to make a quick outfit for girls...buy a plain t-shirt (thrift stores), iron on a cutout using stitch wizard (I zig zag the edges) and make a simple skirt to match.  For the skirt...Cut out a rectangle, sew an elastic casing around the wasit, and a ruffle on the bottom.  For this skirt I added some ribbon just above the ruffles and some pockets. 



I was trying to get some light for the pictures and discovered that Sophia loves playing at the front door and looking out.  She was squeeling with delight.  In the end I took her outside in 40 degree weather with just her little outfit on.  She didn't seam to mind.  I think she is just as anxious to get some fresh air as the rest of us.  Spring has to come eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment