Sunday, March 13, 2011

Black and White Quilt: Oldie but Goodie


I had almost forgotten about this quilt until I spied it in my mom's guest room the other day.  This was either the second or third quilt I ever made.  She bought a bundle of black and white fabric and told me to do what I wanted with it.  It looks random, but it actually took some effort trying to make each of the strips contrast to the one next to it.  




I did quilted in the ditch and used black thread for the back so the design would really show up. 



This quilt lives in my mom's guest bedroom.  I also created the quilt she has in her bedroom.



2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! What is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kind of made it up as I went along. I cut strips in varying widths and them assembled the squares like in the quilt block picture I added to the post. I learned from this quilt that it is easier if you make all the squares have a common denominator (for example, have squares be 3", 6", and 9". Or 5",10", and 15") That way they will fit together easily. Don't worry about the size as you are making squares. Make them approximately the right size, and cut them to fit later.

      Delete