Friday, June 7, 2013

Rapunzel Birthday Cake




Less than a week before Sophia's birthday I got the phone call from my friend that she wasn't going to be able to make Sophia's birthday cake after all.  I quickly called another cake-making friend only to find out that she already had a cake due that day.  So necessity required me to make the cake myself.  I did get a little help with the fondant which I had never worked with before.  I am really happy with the results and now I think I have the confidence to attempt more complicated cakes in the future.



The Rupunzel braid was my nine year old son's idea.  It was such a tangled mess, it took me days to braid!  We used it to decorate the table and wrap around the cake.  The night before I had the idea to make a game out of it. Everyone guessed how many times it would wrap around Sophia.  The winner got a bag of m&ms.


No comments:

Post a Comment